Find out what the Town Council does and keep up to date with what's going on around Howden, too.
If you would like to be listed under the business section or have your organisation's news and events promoted on the website, simply contact us.
Howden – Remembrance
On Sunday 12 November 2017 a Service of Remembrance will be held at Howden Minster at 10.15 am. This will be followed by the Act of Remembrance at Howden War Memorial, St Helen’s Square, at approximately 10.45 am. The service will be led by the Rector, Reverend James Little, and the principal guest will be Mrs Jacky Davies, a Deputy Lieutenant of the East Riding of Yorkshire, representing HM The Queen.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
Residents are being asked not to park in the parking bays around the War Memorial on Sunday morning to allow the public to gather around safely and without traffic obstruction, for the duration of the short service there.
On Bridgegate, the road will be closed from the St John Street junction as far as the Market Place junction from 10.30 to 11.30 am.
VACANCY FOR ONE COUNCILLOR
There is one vacancy on the Council which must be filled by co-option.
Any resident who is interested in co-option to the Council is invited to write to the Clerk to the Council at 17 Bridgegate, Howden DN14 7AE, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17 November 2017.
To be eligible the candidate must be 18 years of age or more and a citizen of Great Britain, the Commonwealth, the Republic of Ireland or another Member State of the European Union, and either
1. be registered as a local government elector for the parish; or
2. occupied as owner or tenant any land or premises in the parish during the whole of the preceding 12 months; or
3. their principal or only place of work during the preceding 12 months has been in the parish; or
4. has resided in the parish (or within 3 miles of it) during the whole of the preceding 12 months.
A person may be disqualified if he or she:
5. holds a paid office under the local authority (Howden Town Council); or
6. is subject to a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order; or
7. has been sentenced to a term of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) of not less than three months without the option of a fine, during the five years preceding the election; or
8. is subject to any enactment relating to corrupt or illegal practices.
Candidates are invited to give some indication of their background and interests, and to confirm that paragraphs 5. to 8. above do not apply to them.
Allison Milner 23 October 2017
Clerk to the Council